Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life is a Present

Many times I've thought about the future, and what it might bring my way. I like to wonder about what might be, but not come up with plans for anything. I just let life happen as it does. I've also thought often about my past: the friends I had, the things I did, all the fun memories.

Yet in my life experiences, it seems that as a society we like to either live in the past or future. Both of these can be good and fun, but only up to a certain point. Being nostalgic when getting together with old friends can be great fun and thinking about past mistakes can be enlightening and help you make wiser choices. Pondering the future can help you give yourself goals and be exciting. But what about the present?

The moment we are living in is a blessing. Not to say the past and future moments aren't, we just seem to take the present for granted. I think that we should add thinking about the "present" to our agendas. We might be able to learn a lot about and from ourselves. Analyzing our current situations, thinking about the amazing opportunities that we are
in, realizing how great our friends and family are, and so many other things can probably all help us de-stress a bit and not worry so much.

God gave us this amazing and wonderful moment, let's try not to forget that.

~Connie Jo

2 comments:

Mr. Jefferson said...

Very insightful.

Barb Jacobucci said...

Ahh. What a great post. I will focus, today, on just BEING! Thanks baby doll!