Friday, January 23, 2009

Tripping Into Life


Now you may be wondering, unless you already know me well enough, why my blog is titled "Tripping Into It". Let me fill you in:

I trip
... A LOT!

Mind you, I do go through "tripping phases". Sometime my balance will be really good for a while and then all of a sudden one day I trip 3 times in a row. And then for the next week or month I'll keep doing it. In high school it was so bad that whenever somebody tripped someone would say, "You pulled a Connie!" Even a few of my teachers would say that.

I randomly thought of the title one day and I knew it would give me the ability to talk about whatever I wanted, about everything or anything that I just "happen" upon and feel compelled to talk about. It worked, so I did it. Simple as that.

So one of my worst tripping phases, a bit more recently than high school, was over a year ago. Throughout the "phase", which lasted for probably 4 or 5 months, my friend (and roommates boyfriend) Tyler kept saying I was "falling" for his brother, Ian (and I really did trip a lot around him). Interestingly enough, that statement held a lot of truth in it.

As I started getting to know Ian better I liked him more and more. And then after however long it was, we were dating! I guess tripping actually did something awesome for me. Maybe I was just tripping around him so much that he felt I needed some support. That's probably not the case though. But if it was, I hope it was a bit more than that.

Ian and I kind of just stumbled into each other's lives and it worked out well. So I guess you could say we each "pulled a Connie" right into one another. My tripping problem hasn't completely been cured, but since we started dating it hasn't been nearly as bad. It's been 9 months yesterday since we started dating, and he's been there to support me the whole way through. I've been feeling a lot more stable.

So that's one piece of my life for ya. You now know why I titled my blog the way I did and you know a little about my life. Hopefully I'll be able to write plenty more about many other situations and thoughts in my life that I just happen to "trip" into.

I should be going now though. I'm actually in my class where I'm supposed to be writing my other blog. This is good cover though. If anyone looks at my screen (without reading it of course) they'll just think I'm working on my next blog for class. HAHA! What fools... I have them tricked! ; )

But truly, I need to figure out my next topic. And I only have 2 left to do. Yippy! Thanks for reading. I'll be on my merry way to hopefully trip into my next topic.

~Connie Jo

3 comments:

Barb Jacobucci said...

I had so much fun reading this post! Funny, funny, funny.

Sarah said...

I feel strange. I don't think I've heard this story...I'm so out of it sometimes.

Carmen Elise said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!!! Cuuuuttttteeee post! You make me smile. =)