Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Am I really doing this?

Blogging: Something I never thought I would do.

My life has been made up of so many wonderful experiences and opportunities. But never in a million years did I think blogging would be one of those opportunities. I just straight out never thought I would do it. It's something that geeks do, right?

I am now actually writing another blog for a grade. I'm taking a class called Digital Marketing Communication this month. It's a really fun and interesting class so far. And throughout the month we are required to write a minimum of 10 blogs about the marketing topic we've chosen. My topic happens to be "Social Media". So yes, I am using social media to talk about social media. Funny how that happens. But I'm really excited about the class and getting to write blogs.

I guess my friends were right, I am a geek. But no worries, I will take on that title with pride and hold my head high even when my friends think I'm weird for writing a blog. I've always enjoyed journaling, and this acts as another outlet that makes me think through things with a different perspective. Rather than writing something that will be only for my eyes and scribbling it all down, this will be for whoever happens upon it. That's both exciting and nerve wrecking.

So, my friends, here I go. Who knows where this will take me or how often I will actually write, but I've started. And if you feel like reading my other blog at all, it's www.thebusinessofsocialmedia.blogspot.com. See you around!

~Connie Jo

2 comments:

Barb Jacobucci said...

You Go Girl! Use it for fun, use it for therapy, use it to reach out, use it to solve the problems of the universe! It's all good. You have journaled most of your life, so this is a natural for you. You are such a wonderful writer so, I can't wait to see more! "Talk to me, girl!"

Carmen Elise said...

You're such a nerd!! Haha! You know all the cool kids are doing this.